2009-05-11

We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed

I ran kinda bad yesterday in poker, and I wanted to address it and some things that I want to do to change it.

First, Running bad is a fact of poker, and HULHE is going to be a very swingy game where dropping 100 or more bets in a very short period of time is not uncommon. It's very annoying and can be hard to deal with mentally.

I think some solutions for me to deal with running poorly is to quit players sooner. I often keep playing someone (good and bad players) when they are beating me, and this needs to stop, since often I am making improper adjustments. For example, last night when Grant and I were doing a sweat, I played a regular at 3/6 (he just wants the action, i think) and I thought it would be alright since with both Grant and I talking out hands we would make good choices. Not the case. I still managed to spew a bunch of chips off to him, which was really morally defeating.

I'm going to move back to 2/4 for a while to rebuild my roll, lower the variance, and get my confidence back. Grant is also going to do a sweat with me at 2/4 6max, which will be interesting, since i havent played 6max in a while, so this will be a big change.

Also, Tommy Angelo's DC series started today, so im going to check it out and try to get some stuff out of that to help me with tilt control.

Thats kind of all for now, i think.

LQ

No comments:

Post a Comment