2009-05-12

Help, I'm Alive

I convinced myself to play some 6max 2/4 LHE yesterday and today, and it was an interesting change from what I had been playing lately. I was really interested in how game flow changed and how peoples ranges went from 'every single hand you can think of' to top 25% or less in some cases. I was surprised how many people still play sooo many hands and how poorly people play.

I certainly don't that perfect, but i definitely play well enough to beat the game. I just need to make decent choices and not spew off chips. I am usually able to do this at 6max because I don't tilt as much. The reason for this is that by playing 4 tables and not having things 'get personal' with one villain, the beats roll off the back a little easier.

On a real life poker note, I'm trying to organize a limit home game... i have a couple friends who are into it, so im really excited about playing live limit. 99% of the homegames i have played in the last 4 or 5 years have been no limit sngs. this gets really boring, so it is neat to try to change it up with other games. I would love to do a HORSE or Pot Limit Omaha (PLO) tournament or cash game if people were into it. Or even HA, which is a combo of PLO and No Limit Holdem... which would let us try a new game while also playing something that most people know.

I just started my second week of full time work and its going pretty well. I would obviously rather be not working, but my life demands a steady source of income, and city work is one of the best ways to do that. It's taking up a lot of my time though, and makes the days seem very short. I have been able to keep up with my podcasts at work, since noone is at the building for the first hour or two of work. I dont want to put my headphones in while other people are in the building because i dont know if i can wear them at all, so i would rather have them forsure 90 minutes then maybe not at all... and even if i could wear them other times, it wouldnt be that often.

I'm also still doing some poker coaching, but im going to start phasing most of it out for the summer. I just took on a new junior today... but its almost a life coaching thing than just squash. we're going to be doing a bunch of different activities, so that should be really exciting for me. one of my good friends Mike is training to be a personal trainer, and I have worked with him quite a bit, so he will be a great resource for this project. I will probably keep working with Christien as well, as he is a really strong player and we are at the point that I can do real training with him. I have two other juniors I am working with, but I am going to try to phase them out for the summer and my one regular adult lesson I will phase out as well. I will probably put up a notice that I am not taking lessons during the summer, which should be fine, since noone wants to take lessons from me anyways.

Its election day today. I voted and Im happy with my choice. I talked at some length with Adam about the referendum on STV, and happily for me and unhappily for him, I dont think it will pass tonight. I also don't think that the government will change after tonight, but we will see in the polls.

done for now.

LQ

Currently Listening: Eminem - Relapse

No comments:

Post a Comment