2009-04-30

April in Review + May Goals (Plus special bonus: Graphs!)

Wow. I had the best poker month of my life.

I only played half the month, depositing on the 13th of April and playing most days during the month.

I had my two largest winning days ever one day for $482 and today for $486 (i obviously instaquit as soon as i realized where i was at and quit for the month. i'm superstitious that way.)

I feel super good about my game right now (obviously, since i ran super hot today) But more than that, i feel like i'm playing really well and working with Grant doing sweat sessions has been really helpful, as I feel like talking through spots with him has helped me gain some perspective on how to play hands and about some of the theory of the game.

I have made some minor tweaks to the theory of play that I take into a match and am really incorporating note taking to help me with reads. I played almost entirely 2/4 this month with a tiny bit of 3/6 (once chasing a fish and the other because i felt really good and took a shot) I am going to take a more concentrated shot at 3/6 in May. I have almost enough money to take a decent shot without having my bankroll crushed if i drop 100 bets.

For May I have fairly lofty, yet achievable goals. I dont like to make my goals monetary, but the first one requires that I win some money.

1) move up to 3/6 so that it can be my main game
2) continue to do sweat sessions with Grant and talk about the game
3)put in 10k hands, but only if i'm feeling good about playing
4)try to learn to quit aggro players more qujckly - I have no need to swing bets with guys who play decent.

Goals for life this month:
1) finish my book. this is the first month in a long time where i havent finished an entire book.
2) get outside and play tennis at least once a week with my friends (this is a new sport to me)
3) get settled in at my new full time job
4)don't allow poker or any of the first 3 life goals to interfere with spending time with Melissa.
5) turn 24 as unassumingly as i did 23

Here are the bonus graphs:

Today:




April with Red/Blue lines:
(Red line is won without showdown, Blue line is won with showdown)




Cheers to April.

LQ

Currently Listening: Les Savy Fav - Lets Stay Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment