2009-06-30

June Results and July Goals

June was a month in poker that I will be happy to leave behind me. I had 3 of the biggest losing days of my life and my 3 largest winning days as well.

It was a very frustrating experience, as I ran like god at 3/6 and won 10BB/100 hands and got crushed at 5/10 at -4BB/100 hands.

All this amounted to me having a win rate of 1BB/100 hands over 9500 hands and only winning 60 dollars (plus 450 in rakeback, 25 in ironman bonus, and a free $30 subscription to Stoxpoker). To put this into perspective for those not familiar with BB/100, if i had won at 1BB/100 at 5/10 for 9500 hands I would have won $950 this month. But instead I won like 2k at 3/6 and lost 2k at all the other games i played.
awesome.

I stopped playing 5/10 for the end of the month and this lead me to some small winning days where I didn't swing large sums, which was a lot easier to handle. This made poker more enjoyable for me.

at 5/10, I lost because I made 3 bad choices in terms of game selection that I estimate cost me $2000. Had I taken a breath an seen that these 3 villains were decent aggro I would have quit them right away and gotten away down 3-400 instead of 2300. It didn't help that they won 65% of the showdowns, but I still didn't help my cause any by calling down light etc.

Anyways. Our computer crashed and died the other day, so I just bought a new one. It is really quiet compared to our old one which sounded like a banshee always.

My goals for July are:
to put in 8k hands (going to miss some days b/c of a vacation)
Move up to 5/10 when bankroll will support it
be nitty and QUIT decent players when they sit with me, regardless of whether I'm down 50-100 or not.
take a coaching session with SweetJazz to prepare for 5/10 better.

In life things are going really well. My job is good and I'm enjoying what I'm doing. It's not exciting, but I don't feel overwhelmed, and I can handle any challenges that come up.

I haven't been playing tennis or disc golf, but I would like to play both of them a couple times at least in July.
I took a golf lesson last week, and it paid huge dividends, seeing as I shot an 83 at Cottonwood, which is a great round for me. That score included a blow up on the 10th hole, which is a 288yd par 4, where, with the wind strongly blowing with us, I drove a monster drive pin high 4 yards off the green. My ball landed in a divot and i proceeded to hin my chip thin, through the green and into the sand trap, which for whatever reason took me 3 shots to get out of and 2 more puts to hit a triple! good times. Other than that I played absolutely stellar and I was thoroughly pleased with how i was hitting the ball.

Anyways, that's all for now. I'm going to play volley ball.

Happy Birthday Canada.

LQ

Currently Reading: F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Beautiful and Damned
Currently Listening: Goo Goo Dolls - Name (acoustic)

No comments:

Post a Comment